NATURAL TREASURES OF CROATIA
10 days | 2 National parks | 2 UNESCO World heritage sites | 4 adventures
NATURAL TREASURES OF CROATIA
Your journey at a glance
Exciting activities in stunning Croatian landscapes - from the thrills of white water rafting, sea kayaking or the challenge of zip lining above river canyon to discovering historic sites and having some time to relax.
Day 1 - Zagreb – Arrival
- Welcome to Croatia! Upon arrival at Zagreb airport, private transfer will be organized to your hotel
- Zagreb is the city of green parks, lovely fountains, blooming flowers and artisans performing on every street corner
- Explore the historical core of Zagreb city on your own. Visit the Cathedral, the medieval Stone gate, St. Mark’s church, the Upper town, Flower market square, Dolac Fruit & Grocery Market, the Central Square, and Tkalčićeva Street with its numerous charming cafés and restaurants
- Enjoy the city and its galleries, or its exhibitions such as the one of its kind - Museum of Broken Relationships.
Day 2 - Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes - Walking tour around Plitvice lakes National Park
- In the morning head to Plitvice lakes National park
- Beautiful lakes listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site cascade into spectacular waterfalls
- Enjoy the exceptional beauty of these lakes and waterfalls, and the pure mountain air with a walking tour with your guide around the park
Day 3 - Day & night in the mountain - Paklenica
- Nothing says adventure quite like the great outdoors. Head out to explore one of Croatia’s hiker’s paradise – Paklenica National Park
- With over 130 km of hiking trails, picture perfect moments will be around every step of your hiking adventure in the park
- After spending the day exploring the national park with your guide, spend the night in a private mountain hut.
Day 4 - Zadar
- Continue your trip to seaside city of Zadar (2-hour drive from Plitvice)
- Explore the historical centre on your own, along the Kalelarga street, among old residential palaces, Byzantine St. Donat church, Five Wells square, until you reach city’s curiosity, a sea organ played by the rhythmic movement of the waves and sun salutation
- Free day to enjoy the city. We have few recommendations on what more to see, what to do and where to eat while you are in Zadar
Day 5 - Zadar to Split – Relaxing in Split
- Head to Split, a town listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Meet with your guide to explore the town. Split has risen on the foundation of the palace of Roman Emperor Diocletian built in 305 AD. The Cathedral of St. Domnios, the patron saint of Split, is in the actual mausoleum of Emperor Diocletian, and its sumptuous interior is a gathering place for many of the faithful and tourists
- Various cultural monuments are located inside and outside the Diocletian’s Palace walls, as Renaissance Prokurative Square, noble family’s palaces, churches, galleries and museums. Rest of the day is free to spend at leisure
Day 6 - Split - Hvar – Visiting Blue & Green caves and island Vis
- Perfect full day fun on the sea!
- Embark on a speedboat and discover one of Croatia’s most stunning natural masterpieces – the Blue Cave on Biševo Island where the rays of the sun provide a glowing blue light in the grotto
- Witness this bright blue phenomenon up-close before soaking up the sun in a beautiful Stiniva Cove on Vis Island
- Enjoy swimming and snorkeling on the Pakleni Islands before arrival to town Hvar
Day 7 - Zip line adventure in Omiš
- No extreme adventure trip is complete without finding a way to zip-line through the local terrain! From Split, head to Omiš, where you will travel along eight lines (2.600 m length) of zip-lines
- After an afternoon of zip-line happiness, head off to one of Croatia’s most beautiful cities, also known as the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’ – Dubrovnik
Day 8 - Dubrovnik – Guided tour
- In the morning, meet your expert local guide and spend the day touring Dubrovnik’s amazing Old Town – a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Admire the magnificent curtain of walls, marble streets and baroque buildings that exude a pearly light in the Adriatic sun
- Walk the main pedestrian thoroughfare, Placa, with its melange of cafés and shops
- Take in the artistry and history of the numerous churches, monasteries and museums showcased in this beautiful city. The rest of the day is yours to explore at leisure
- Free time to enjoy the walk along magnificent walls of Dubrovnik
- During the sunset take cable car to the top of the mountain Srđ and enjoy great views to town and islands
Day 9 - Dubrovnik – Kayaking adventure
- Free time before your kayak adventure (possible in the morning or afternoon)
- It’s time to put your arms to the test on a 3-hour sea kayak expedition in Dubrovnik! Enjoy the salty air, the beautiful waters and don’t forget to catch a sunset later
Day 10 - Dubrovnik – Departure
- Meet your chauffeur for your transfer to Dubrovnik Airport for your outbound flight.
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in these iconic destinations. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.