GRAND TOUR OF CROATIA
Journey through different regions of Croatia – 12 days
GRAND TOUR OF CROATIA
Croatia is a land of diversity and this tour will take you to explore its highlights. Wonderful combination of landscapes, sea and mountains, rivers and forests, ancient Roman cities and hilltop towns - will leave you breathless!
Day 1 - Welcome to Zagreb!
- Upon arrival at Zagreb airport, driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel.
- Zagreb is the city of green parks, lovely fountains, blooming flowers and artisans performing on every street corner.
- Enjoy the city and its galleries, or its exhibitions such as the one of its kind - Museum of Broken Relationships
Day 2 - Zagreb city tour
- Meet your expert local guide for a private Zagreb sightseeing tour. Visit Zagreb’s Cathedral, the Stone gate, St. Mark’s church, the Upper town, Flower market square, the Central Square, and Tkalčićeva Street with its numerous charming cafés and restaurants.
Day 3 - Charming hilltop town and villages
- Enjoy the ride through Istrian interior, its magically charming villages situated on hilltops which will leave you breathless
- Visit Grožnjan and Motovun, indubitably the most famous Istrian medieval hilltop towns. Arrival to the enchanting coastal town of Rovinj
- Visit a local family who will present you the amazing skill of truffle hunting with specially trained dogs. Taste homemade specialties prepared with fresh truffles. (duration 2-3 hours)
- Head to Rovinj, one of the best-kept towns on the Adriatic Coast with its beautiful, architecturally intact old town centre, and a relaxed Mediterranean feel
Day 4 - Discover Rovinj town & Roman amphitheater in Pula
- Guided tour of Rovinj, an enchanting fisherman's town. The main Church of St. Euphemia is one of the most beautiful Baroque achievements in Istria
- A visit to the Rovinj town museum and the town's many galleries will complete your cultural experience
- In the afternoon ride to nearby Pula, where you can admire one of the best preserved Roman amphitheaters still existing.
Day 5 - Breathtaking Plitvice lakes
- Your Croatian tour continues to one of Croatia’s natural treasures – Plitvice National Park (UNESCO)
- Enjoy the walk between stunning colors of teal, turquoise, and deep blues & greys, the sixteen lakes are linked together with a series of waterfalls
- The exceptional beauty of the lakes and waterfalls, rich plant and animal life, contrasting colors, forests and the pure mountain air are a unique experience
Day 6 Zadar - The sound of the sea
- Continue your trip to seaside city of Zadar (2-hour drive from Plitvice). Explore the historical center on a private guided tour, along the Kalelarga street, Byzantine St. Donat church, Five Wells square, until you reach the city’s curiosity, a Sea Organ played by the rhythmic movement of the waves.
- From the nearby Sun monument, observe Hitchcock’s favorite sunset.
Day 7 - UNESCO sites Split & Trogir
- On your way to Split, discover the charming UNESCO listed city of Trogir
- Gorgeous Trogir is set within medieval walls on a tiny island, linked by bridges to both the mainland and to the far larger Čiovo Island
- Head to Split, another town listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list
Day 8 - Explore Diocletians’ Palace, a living organism
- Your guide for today will show you the Cathedral of St. Domnius, Jupiter’s temple, substructures, Prokurative square…
- Enjoy the immense history, charm and activity of one of the Adriatic’s most amazing seaports and Croatia’s second-largest city.
Day 9 - Sunniest island - Hvar
- Head across the sea by fast ferry for the next stop on your Croatia adventure to the oldest town in all of Croatia and a former Greek colony, Hvar.
- Enjoy the sunniest island, its beaches, crystal clear Adriatic Sea and superb restaurants
- We suggest climbing to the Spanish fortress and take in the view from the top for a splendid panorama both town and the sparkling Pakleni Islands – the perfect way to catch the sunset!
- Since Hvar is famous for its wines, participating in a wine tour is a recommendation
Day 10 - Dubrovnik tour
- Enjoy the ride along Adriatic coast toward Dubrovnik.
- Stop in Ston, a small town with the longest stone city walls in Europe (5,5 km in length)
- Possible oyster and wine tasting in a local restaurant. Drive to Dubrovnik
- In the afternoon arrival to one of the most spectacular Mediterranean medieval towns - Dubrovnik
- Take in the artistry and history of the numerous churches, monasteries and museums showcased in this beautiful city
- If you are a Game of Thrones fan, go beyond the classical tour and explore all filming sites
- In the evening (the best time is just before sunset) we suggest taking a cable car to the top of the mountain Srđ and enjoy great views of the town and islands
Day 11 - Delightful Dubrovnik
- Walk the main pedestrian thoroughfare, Stradun with its mélange of cafés and shops
- In the afternoon, we will take you to beautiful Dubrovnik countryside for a special experience, cooking with a local family. Our cooking class introduces Mediterranean flavors of southern Dalmatia and its traditional hinterland village lifestyle.
- Alternatively, board on a private Elafiti Archipelago speedboat tour. Soak up the gentle sun and the scents of the Mediterranean while enjoying the view of fascinating, intact nature. Don't hesitate to jump in and explore the refreshing Adriatic, quaint bays, underwater caves and grottos.
Day 12 - “Doviđenja” till next time!
- Meet your chauffeur for your transfer to Dubrovnik Airport for your outbound flight.
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in these iconic destinations. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.