DUBROVNIK FOR FOODIES
4 days | Pelješac Peninsula | Elafiti islands | Dubrovnik
DUBROVNIK FOR FOODIES
Dubrovnik has it all – fascinating history, amazing architecture, streets lined with cafés and excellent restaurants. Unravel the secrets of Dubrovnik and its area by tasting local cuisine, visiting the best wineries and preparing the food under the guidance of your chef.
Day 1 - Dubrovnik arrival & foodie tour
- Meet your chauffeur at the Dubrovnik Airport for a private transfer to your hotel.
- Hide from the crowds in a maze of Old Town’s cobbled streets and listen to intriguing stories of life within the ancient walls.
- In the afternoon our foodie guide will take you to a private walking tour and unravel Dubrovnik’s secrets, talk about people’s habits, local customs and culinary tradition. You’ll visit three different restaurants and taste one course meal paired with a matching glass of wine in each restaurant, arriving to an artisan patisserie for a sweet local desert and a cup of coffee at the end.
- Enjoy fine food, find out about history in an amusing way, and enhance your overall experience of Dubrovnik!
Day 2 - Wines & oysters on peninsula Pelješac & Elafiti islands – exclusive tour by car & speedboat
- With Roman saltpans still being used and oysters farmed in brackish waters of Ston bay, there’s hardly a better invitation to a connoisseur to visit Pelješac peninsula. Yet, medieval walls & ramparts guard one of most important wine regions of Croatia. Steep terrain with white rocky terroir and the reflection from the sea surface feed vineyards with specific triple insolation. Local grapes of Plavac Mali sort produce full bodied, flavourful reds that are high both in alcohol and tannins, sometimes even of robust character.
- After lunch, travel with your to the village of Prapratno where you will shorty stop for a breath-taking views of Mljet Island – the Emerald of the Adriatic and one of Croatia’s eight national parks. Once you’ve had your fill of photo ops, you will board on a speedboat.
- Enjoy the private cruise along the Elafiti archipelagowith stops in Suđurađ port on Šipan Island to enjoy a homemade olive oil tasting, Lopud island for a visit to the monastery and a walk along the seashore, and Šunj cove to take a swim in the Adriatic Sea.
Day 3 - Cooking class in Dubrovnik hinterland
- In the morning, enjoy the walk along magnificent walls of Dubrovnik. Admire breath-taking views of the orange roof tiles and steep hills overlooking the Adriatic. After a suiting coffee break explore the hidden gems of this UNESCO World Heritage site
- In the afternoon we will take you to beautiful Dubrovnik countryside for a special experience, cooking with a local family.
- Upon arrival to a beautiful rural villa, welcome drinks and snacks will be served. You may pick fresh vegetables for your cooking lesson straight from the garden!
- Prepare your meal over the open fire, dig your fingers into fresh dough, taste some olive oil and blend it in rural ambience to get the true feeling of Dubrovnik countryside. This tour is created to present local ambience and authentic feeling of a life in the village.
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in these iconic destinations. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.
Day 4 – Dubrovnik departure
- Free time to explore the sights at leisure until your private transfer to the Dubrovnik Airport.