CULTURE, FOOD AND WINE IN DALMATIA
CULTURE, FOOD AND WINE IN DALMATIA
Is there a better way to get to know a place than through its gastronomy? Enjoy the tastes of every region on your journey from Dubrovnik to Split.
Day 1 - Pearl of the Adriatic - Dubrovnik
- Welcome to one of Croatia’s most beautiful cities, Dubrovnik!
- Upon arrival, your chauffeur will be waiting for you for the transfer to your hotel.
- During the evening (the best time is just before sunset) we suggest taking a cable car to the top of the mountain Srđ and enjoy a great panoramic view of the town and Elaphite islands.
Day 2 - Exploring Dubrovnik & a cooking class in Dubrovnik countryside – experience the local way of life
- Meet your expert local guide and spend the day exploring Dubrovnik’s amazing Old Town – a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Walk the main pedestrian thoroughfare, Stradun or Placa, with its melange of cafés and shops
- Take in the artistry and history of the numerous churches, monasteries and museums showcased in this beautiful city
- If you are a Game of Thrones fan, go beyond the classical tour and explore all filming sites
- In the afternoon, enjoy the foodie experience, cooking with a local family
- Our cooking class introduces Mediterranean flavors of southern Dalmatia and its traditional hinterland village lifestyle
- Learn how to prepare homemade food the same way as our ancestors did centuries ago.
Day 3 - The world is your oyster
- With Roman saltpans still being used and oysters farmed in brackish waters of Ston bay, Pelješac peninsula is the destination of dreams for history and gastronomy lovers.
- Taste fresh out of the sea oysters on a boat trip to the oyster farm.
- Visit several vineyards, all with different approaches to winemaking, taste their wines and find a perfect match to your own tastes.
- In the late afternoon you will arrive to the island of Korčula, best known as the birthplace of Marco Polo
Day 4 - Explore a paradise island – Korčula
- Fast ferry will take you to the Island of Korčula
- Immerse yourself in Korčula's narrow walkways and discover adorned palaces and elegant houses on a private guided tour with our excellent local guide
- In the late afternoon meet a local family who will be your host for the day, teach you how to prepare local dish you will try afterwards, among other homemade delicacies, and will walk you through the area learn about the history and present of the area.
Day 5 - Hvar - the sunniest island
- Head across the sea by fast ferry (duration: 2 hours) for the next stop on your Croatia adventure to the sunniest of all the places in Croatia – island Hvar
- Uncover the rich heritage of town Hvar on a private guided tour
- In the evening we suggest a visit to Spanish fortress from where you’ll have amazing view to the Pakleni archipelago
Day 6 - Exploring Hvar island
- Uncover the rich heritage of the island starting from the ancient pedestrian town of Stari Grad, the oldest town in Croatia and once the capital of Hvar
- Enjoy the abundance of postcard scenes around every corner as you head to the town’s premier cultural attraction, the impressive Tvrdalj fortress
- Driving through small fisherman villages and lavender fields to reach the oldest town on the island - Stari Grad, discovering Vrboska town called "Little Venice” and Jelsa town. Here you will visit wine cellars of some of Croatia’s leading boutique winemakers
- The tour’s highlight – lunch in an abandon village off the winding island’s roads. A chef Berti Tudor has set up a small dining area and place to make dinner. The authentic experience is as good as the food, creating a dining experience like no other. Enjoy finest of homemade Mediterranean dishes which are simple, fresh and tasty
Day 7 - Exploring Diocletian’s palace & local food tastings
- Fast ferry will take you to Split
- Meet with your expert local guide with a real passion for Split and will reveal you stories and secrets of Diocletian's palace and its citizens
- Visit the open grocery market, fish market, one of the oldest pubs and taste various courses in several different restaurants. You will see Prokurative Square, Jupiter’s temple, and the Cathedral that once used to be home to Emperor Diocletian’s tomb (UNESCO)
- In the afternoon we suggest you visit Meštrović gallery in a beautiful palace surrounded by a lush garden
Day 8 - Krka Falls National Park full day trip
- Personal driver will take you to the Krka National Park
- The top attraction of the Park are its magnificent waterfalls, including the famous Skradinski Buk falls which are one of Croatia’s most famous sights
- Take a walk along the travertine barriers, islands and lakes along the wooden paths and bridges, explore the traditional folk architecture and ethnographic collections or go for a swim in the crystal-green waters
Day 9 - 'Till next time
- Transfer to the Airport for your outbound flight.
Plan your journey
This unforgettable journey showcases just a few of our favourite experience combinations in these iconic destinations. It is merely an example from which you can use to start dreaming and creating your own adventure with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.